3 Main Factors in Winter Energy Costs
It’s getting cold out there, and if it hasn’t already, that’s about be to be reflected in your energy bill. But don’t despair. There are many things you can do to improve your winter energy spending this season. If you’re interested in finding effective ways to save money this season, all you have to do is examine these 3 main factors in winter energy costs.
1) HEAT LOSS
Windows & Doors
- You could be losing heat (and heating dollars!) through windows and doors. Make sure:
- All windows & doors are tightly shut.
- All windows & doors are freshly caulked & reinforced with window stripping (as needed).
- Install new energy efficient windows & doors to replace badly leaking ones.
- Open drapes, shades & blinds during peak sunlight hours to take advantage of free warmth from midday heat gain, and close after to trap heat inside.
- Most people are surprised to discover how much of their heating dollars are lost through the attic. Check your insulation for proper coverage.
- While you’re at it, look for any open vents needing to be closed, and any operating fans to be turned off.
2) CLIMATE COMFORT
- Warmth isn’t the only factor that makes a home feel comfortable in winter months. Dry winter air makes a room feel cooler, but adding humidity to your indoor climate will cause it to feel warmer and comfortable at lower temperatures, with the added benefit of fighting seasonal colds and other illnesses!
3) SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
A New, High-Efficiency Furnace
- The efficiency of your heating system is a key factor in the size of your winter heating bill. If your system is showing signs of performance issues, a new, high-efficiency system will quickly pay for itself in energy savings and repair costs.
Frequent System Maintenance
- If you’re not ready to replace your heating system just yet, frequent system maintenance can help extend the life of your unit, and maximize the efficiency of your system’s operation
Change Your Air Filter
- Seems too easy to be true, but regularly checking and changing your air filter can make a big difference in system efficiency.
Contact FAHRENHEIT MECHANICAL SYSTEMS
At Fahrenheit Mechanical Systems, we specialize in Commercial and Residential HVAC installations and service. Our professional technicians can perform a thorough furnace assessment, and provide any service needed to boost your unit to peak efficiency and performance. Remember, 24/7 emergency service is always available, and we even offer financing. Need a new, high-efficiency furnace? Don’t delay. Call Fahrenheit Mechanical Systems today at (615) 241-0594. We look forward to hearing from you!
To save 20% OFF all HVAC repairs up to $100 click HERE: https://www.fahrenheit-hvac.com/offer
“Your temperature is always right with Fahrenheit.”
FAHRENHEIT MECHANICAL SYSTEMS | 1615 Sulphur Springs Road, Murfreesboro, TN | (615) 371-8887