How do you ensure your furnace will be as reliable throughout his cold weather season as it was last year? Good question. Sounds like it’s time to schedule your fall furnace checkup! While you want to be sure to call a professional, licensed HVAC technician for a comprehensive tune-up, there are a number of tasks you can do yourself if you’re feeling particularly inspired. We’ve shared our condensed 10-pt checklist here for all of you who are eager to get ready.
10-POINT FURNACE TUNE-UP CHECKLIST
1) CHANGE Air Filter – 51x/Month During Winter
2) CHECK Color of Burner Flames – Blue = Good / Yellow = Problem
3) CHECK Drive Belt for Wear – Cracks and tears = replace
4) CLEAN Residue from Sensor – Emory board works great!
5) REMOVE DUST from Pilot Using a Straw – turning off power to unit
6) REMOVE DUST from Surface Ignitors Using Straw
7) VACUUM Around the Burners Using Attachment
8) VACUUM Blower Compartment Beneath Blower Door
9) REMOVE Blower and Clean – Hold, Remove Bolts, Clean Blades, Careful with W
10) OIL Blower Motor 2-4 drops of lightweight machine oil.
Schedule your fall furnace checkup today!
At Fahrenheit Mechanical Systems, we specialize in Commercial and Residential HVAC installations and service. Our professional technicians can perform a thorough furnace assessment, and provide any service needed to boost your unit to peak efficiency and performance. Remember, 24/7 emergency service is always available, and we even offer financing. Is your Nashville furnace in need of a tune-up? Don’t delay. Call Fahrenheit Mechanical Systems today at (615) 241-0594. We look forward to hearing from you!
To save 20% OFF all HVAC repairs up to $100 click HERE: http://www.fahrenheit-hvac.com/offer
“Your temperature is always right with Fahrenheit.”
FAHRENHEIT MECHANICAL SYSTEMS | 1615 Sulphur Springs Road, Murfreesboro, TN | +1 (615) 371-8887