Gas Leak Repair Services in Murfreesboro
Serving Smyrna & the Surrounding Areas
Natural gas as a whole is a safe, clean-burning, and affordable energy source for operating appliances and heating your home. However, a slow natural gas leak can cause damage to your property, resulting in health hazards or worse. Fahrenheit Mechanical Systems specializes in natural gas leak repairs in Murfreesboro and offers 24-hour emergency services to meet your needs. We have a proven track record with a 100% satisfaction rate of finding and repairing even the smallest of gas leaks.
Who Is Responsible For Gas Line Repairs & Gas Leaks?
Your local gas company is only responsible for maintaining the gas lines up to your meter. The home or property owner is responsible for maintaining all gas lines carrying natural gas from the meter to the inside of you home. We recommend having your gas lines inspected periodically by a licensed professional to help identify and repair any corrosion and/or leaks that could cause unsafe conditions.
What are the Signs of a Gas Leak in Your Home?
- Dead or dying vegetation near gas pipelines
- Water or dirt being blown into the air caused by gas escaping
- A damaged connection to your gas appliances
- Exposed gas pipe after a natural disaster such as hurricane, tornado, flood, fire, earthquakes, etc.
- The smell of sulfur or rotten eggs in your home
- A hissing or roaring sound coming from areas near the natural gas line
What to Do if You Have A Gas Leak?
If you suspect a gas leak or smell gas in your home, it is important to:
- Leave your home immediately and call your gas company to investigate the problem
- Do Not use any electrical devices such as light switches, including cell phone, as they could cause a spark
- Do Not start any engines as it could cause a spark and ignite the gas leak
- Do Not smoke, use lighters, matches, or use an open flame of any kind
- Do Not attempt to find or repair the gas leak yourself. Call an experienced professional to find the source of the gas leak and make the necessary repairs.
How to Prevent Gas Leaks
- Inspect gas lines regularly. Visually inspect all of your gas lines and look for corrosion and breakage. These are the signs that you have a gas leak or could have a leak in the near future. Contact us if you notice anything that does not look right. Our technicians will provide their expert opinion on the health of your gas lines.
- Only hire a licensed professional. Our technicians frequently fix work that was done improperly the first time. Do not choose a contractor based on price alone; consider value and experience when it comes to your home’s safety. Only a licensed contractor should test and perform the installation of new gas lines.
- Call 811 before digging. Calling a professional before digging can save you from unnecessary accidents or repairs.
When Should You Repair or Replace Your Gas Line?
Gas lines naturally show signs of wear and corrosion over time. Noticeable fractures, twisted or dented lining, or a decrease in gas being generated can all be signs of a leak. Regular inspections of your lines are recommended. Early detection can prevent significant damage or health problems. Any time a gas leak occurs, you should consider having repairs performed on the line.
Contact Us Today!
If you smell gas or if your local gas company has turned off the gas to your home, call Fahrenheit Mechanical Systems. We will get a technician out to your home or business quickly to assess the gas problem. Our gas leak specialists have extensive training and experience when it comes to gas line installations and repairs of your heating systems and gas appliances.
Areas We Serve
Providing Murfreesboro, Smyrna & surrounding areas with professional home services.See More
We offer our customers financing options to make sure your home gets what it needs.Learn More
Stay up to date with news, tips & tricks to keep your systems in optimal shape.Read More